Bright, energy-efficient and stylish – it's no wonder that strip lighting has become a popular lighting solution in recent years. From subtle ambience to bold statement pieces, this versatile option can adapt to any interior style.
Apart from its versatility, the reason for LED lights’ popularity today is also brought about by its energy efficiency and durability. Whether it’s for a residential or commercial project, you can count on LED strip lights to do the job well for you.
But where is strip lighting commonly used? This article lets us explore the top locations for strip lights and discover how they can transform your space with ease!
Table of contents:
- What is strip lighting?
- Where is strip lighting commonly used?
- How to install strip lighting
- Benefits of strip lighting
What is strip lighting?
Strip lighting is a type of linear lighting that consists of long, thin strips of light. These lights are typically used to accentuate certain features in a room or to provide task lighting. Strip lights are often found in kitchens, under cabinets, in coves, and on stairs.
It is among the most versatile forms of lighting used in various industries as you can customize its colors and length, making it perfect for just about any project.
Where is strip lighting commonly used?
Strip lighting is a versatile and popular type of lighting that can be used in a variety of settings. Common places where strip lighting is used includes the below list but not limited to:
- Under kitchen cabinets
- Inside closets
- Above bathroom mirrors
- On accent walls or in alcoves
- Under shelves or display cases
- Inside cars and trucks
- Patios, porch, stairs
How to install strip lighting
Strip lighting is commonly used in a variety of settings, including under cabinets in the kitchen, in closets, and in workshops. It can be used to add accent lighting to these areas or to provide task lighting for specific tasks like cooking or crafting. Here are some tips on how to install strip lighting:
- Choose the right type of strip lighting for your needs. There are a variety of types of strip lighting available on the market, so it's important to select the one that will best suit your needs.
- For accent Lighting, it is good to use warm white LED strips like our Premium Luma5.
- If your lighting project needs a stronger, brighter, general light output, a good option is our 24V COB lighting
- Getting the right length will help you determine the required power.
- This will also help you select the right LED strip based on length.
- It will give you the proper wiring options needed to ensure proper power and lighting is achieve.
- If you use a power supply, you can use a low voltage dimming controller or an inline dimmer controller.
- If you used a dimmable driver, you can pair it with an inwall dimmer switch to control the dimming option of the LED strip.
Benefits of strip lighting
Strip lighting, also called LED tape lights or ribbon lights, offer a wide lighting solution for a variety of applications. Here are some benefits of using strip lights:
- Flexibility: Strip lights can be cut to length to customize and fit it to your project, making them ideal for use in tight spaces or difficult-to-reach areas.
- Energy efficiency: LED strip lights use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, saving you money on your electricity bill.
- Low maintenance: LEDs have a long lifespan and do not require frequent replacement like traditional bulbs. In addition, they generate little heat, which helps to prolong their lifespan even further.
- Versatility: Strip lights are available in a variety of colors, allowing you to create the perfect ambiance for your space. You can also find strip lights with different light intensities to suit your needs.
In conclusion, strip lighting is a great way to add energy-efficient and low-maintenance illumination to any room. It can be used in a variety of settings, from kitchens and bathrooms to retail stores, offices and more.
Strip lighting provides excellent coverage while remaining unobtrusive and its flexibility makes it ideal for use in a lot of lighting projects. With the right accessories, you can even tailor your strip lights to fit any aesthetic or design scheme. If you’re looking for an easy and efficient way to brighten up your home or business space, strip lighting might be just the thing for you!
For any additional questions or concerns, you can also get in touch with any of our expert engineers and tech at 1 (855) 768-4135.
Let us help you design, set your wiring diagrams, and create your bill of materials that is needed for your next LED lighting project with our Expert LED Lighting Design assistance.